7.29.2010

Thirsty?



Sweet, pink and full of watermelon.

So, I had this culinary dilemma last weekend.  There was half a watermelon sitting in the fridge and it was going to go bad soon.  So I cranked up the culinary gears in my head and tried to figure out a way to use it....FAST!

The watermelon mojito, with a simple twist, was the perfect solution.  A wonderfully sweet fruity cocktail for a warm summer dinner.    Cheers!

Watermelon Mojito
  • watermelon, cubed
  • Mojito mix
  • light rum (I used Malibu Rum)*
I eyeballed this recipe so I don't have exact measurements but this allows you to adjust the amount of mix or watermelon to your own tastes.

In a blender puree the watermelon until smooth, pour into a small bowl and set aside.  Make mojito as directed on mix.  Add pureed watermelon to the desired level of taste.  Pour into some cocktail glasses over ice.  Garnish with a lime slice.

*if you would like a non-alcoholic version you can use club soda

No comments:

Post a Comment