7.26.2010

Cooking School: Roasted Chicken



Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. ~Vernon Howard

I am walking through this dinner as if I had something to learn….because I do.  I am going back to school and learning what makes a chicken tick.

Chicken and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love to make it but it hates to turn out.  Either it is a bit too dry or a bit too bland. In culinary school roasting a chicken was the classic and most basic way to introduce us to this popular protein.  I didn’t have a problem then, chicken and I were friends.

But….

Things have gone down hill since….until tonight.  I have had enough and am fighting back!  I am cracking open my old textbook and reintroducing myself to chicken.

“Hi chicken this is Kristie and this is going to be a fantastic friendship!!!”

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment