Tart & tangy lemony goodness!
Not sure why but when summer comes around so do my cravings for lemons. Lemon bars...lemonade...lemon curd tarts...there is no end to the madness. I love sweetening my summer days with a touch of tang. Every year I spend hours scouring the internet for new lemon-centric recipes to try out. This year I have not only found a superbly lemon-filled recipe but a simple one to boot. Lemon glazed cookies have made my lemon-starved taste buds dance and I hope they do the same for you! The glaze is super simple and I am already scheming of other uses for it...it is that good! Any suggestions??
Lemon Glazed Cookies (thank you Martha Stewart!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice