12.17.2010

Wendy's Natural Cut Fries-A Review


 
As a Foodbuzz featured publisher you get perks.

What kind of perks you ask?  Well occasionally you get picked to try something new.  I like this perk - a lot!  I love trying new things.  I love that moment right before you try it, the expectation, the anticipation, the excitement.   Sometimes it is fantastic and you can't wait to try it again and sometimes you really wish you never tried it at all!

Well I received a perk a couple of weeks ago.  Wendy's recently revamped their menu, they are striving to get back to what counts - the food.   Real food the way it should be instead of the mass produced fast food we are all used to seeing (and perhaps indulging in in moments of weakness).

The first menu item to get a make over was their fries.  To be honest Wendy's fries pre-make over were never really my favorites; my favorites have always been Arby's curly fries - I like my fries on the spicy side.  So I wasn't really expecting much from this product review.  But I thought I would keep an open mind and just dive in. 

The new Wendy's fries are advertised to be natural cut russet potatoes with skins on and a sprinkle of sea salt.  Sounds great right?  Well in fact I was pleasantly surprised by them.  They actually tasted like potatoes, honest to goodness fresh potatoes.  The sea salt enhanced the flavor just right and for me was just enough.  Overall I liked the new fries but moreover what I liked most was that fast food is making an effort to bring back real food.  This is a trend I hope to see continued and broadened because it is important to remember that food should be not only great tasting but good for us too and that can only happen if we stick to what is real! 

I suggest you go out and try these new fries and let me know what you think, I don't think you will regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment